Linear Actuator, cables and test drive.
This has been a busy week. I made up all the battery cables. I broke my vice in the process. I used a Brute Hammer Crimper. Instead of a hammer, I used a vice to apply the force. This caused the neck of the vice to break. I had to buy a new vice from Lowes.
I crimped all the connectors. I realized later that you are supposed to put the rubber protective covers on the cables BEFORE you crimp them. So, I guess I will not be using those.
I ran some conduit under the truck. I cut a hole in the bed for the conduit. I ran the battery cables and a few extra wires from the engine compartment to the truck bed.
I ordered a couple of linear actuators from firgelliauto.com. I hooked these to to tonneau cover. They work great. Now, I need to connect them to the 12 power system and make a button for up, down and off.
The big news for this weekend... I actually took the truck on it's first test drive! I drove around the block. I did not go far nor did I go fast. I just wanted to see it work.